Friday, 6/19/09

NYT 4:35 ... LAT 1:50 ... CS 1:35 ... ND 2:02 ... WSJ 5:03 ... BEQ 2:40 ... MGWC 3:55

Got home Thursday afternoon, exhausted from a fun couple of days away (and a not-so-fun drive back in lousy weather), and with no energy to start catching up on crosswords. The only puzzles I did on the trip were a vowelless Tuesday before bed, and the Boston Globe's on Wednesday morning. The Globe's was by Carl Cranby, with no editor listed. So I hoped it might be at least the Newsday puzzle as I set in to solve it -- no such luck, as some terrible/bizarre clues betrayed the hand of Timothy Parker. How unfortunate that such a major newspaper, which even runs its own Sunday puzzle, uses one of the crap syndicated puzzles every day! Maybe there's another one in another section, I didn't look too hard...

update: Lots of long gimmes in today's themelesses by BEQ and DLW. Also set a LAT Friday record, and on a Daily/Venzke offering, which usually isn't on my wavelength. It helped that I had just done all the Wed. and Thu. puzzles, so the brain was all warmed up...

1 comment: