Tuesday, 5/12/09

NYT 2:00 ... LAT 1:51 ... CS 1:37 ... ND 1:28 ... BT 2:54 ... TO 5:55*

Doing the NYT in Across Lite is weird! Add 3 seconds to my AL time for an applet approximation (1-2 seconds for the grid to show up, 1-2 seconds to get the cursor to DONE!)...

Late update: Okay, Byron's Onion puzzle is way too hard. I couldn't finish without guessing letters for three different boxes! (In retrospect I could maybe have figured out 21D.) And sadly, I wasn't even amused by the six dirty theme answers. (And sadly, it's probably just me, as Amy did just fine.) Hey, how weird is it that Tausig's and Byron's puzzles this week have the same 1-Across?

3 comments:

Pat Manzo said...

Hey WOTCD, WOTBD,
I accuse you of copyright infringement. You have named your blog a variation of my blog identity, notaguy.
harrumph!

Dan said...

heh! But you didn't create the nickname, did you? :)

Joon said...

it's not just you. it was hard (perhaps unsurprisingly), but it also sucked (very surprisingly). i also couldn't get 21d; i was down to _WA_I and i just plain gave up. i couldn't even summon up the will to guess.